Monday, January 7, 2013

Back in the saddle...

New year, right? 

Alrighty then - let me just dust off last year's list of resolutions and re-pin those back up on my rear view mirror.

The random act of kindness thing went off without a hitch.  I ended up passing out candy canes with lottery tickets attached to folks I saw everywhere.  Most of them gave me strange looks expecting there to be some kind of holy roller message attached.  I was particularly happy to see their smiles change when they realized I wasn't asking them for, or to do anything other than be a good person.   Shit, just get yourself an alter ego and go bitch on the internets... but in real life - don't be an ass.

So - how's about some bitching:

Joined the WW wagon again today.  Are you kidding me? $42.00 a month? Shut the front door... that's a lot of money to have someone tell me everything I already know but simply choose not to do.  I solemnly swear I will listen to what they tell and do what they say.. SWEAR. (for at least three months until I go to Mexico)

Still can't stand my job - BORING.  If you are middle aged and middle income and showing up at a job for insurance does that mean you've given up on life?  Damn, that's what I thought... may need to look at that.

Went out for New Years with some friends.  It was horrible.  At some point you need to hang up your headphones and know that you are not a good DJ.  Food was good.  Friends were campy as ever.  DJ - totally sucked.

Cool things - 
Got a beautiful new car for Christmas.  My husband did NOT suck this Christmas.
Did not get into an argument with my brother over the holidays even though I really wanted to jack him in the schnoz for a few things he let his kids get away with.
House is clean (ish).
Laundry is done.
Nails are done.

Woo hoo - bring on 2013.



No comments:

Post a Comment