Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Cow Girl

I always feel like I need to post something after travel.  I suppose that's because I usually find myself with time on my hands to slow down and look around when I'm not at home trudging through my normal routine. 

So, I spent some time with good friends over the weekend and I couldn't help but add another "oh" to my list of skinny people traits. 

I don't know about you but when I eat it is a feast for the senses.  I absolutely LOVE the smells, the textures, well... actually, everything about a meal.  I enjoy the company, I enjoy the preparation... hell - I even don't mind cleaning up. 

This weekend, I watched my extremely (as in, once hospitalized for anorexia) thin friend eat.  She macerated her food.  I mean truly mushed it in her mouth for minutes before she swallowed.  She would take a bite, start chewing, push it to the side, have a whole conversation, move it to the other side and then swallow.
It was the weirdest thing I ever actually paid attention to.  I could not stop staring.  And I wanted to eat again so I could watch - to make sure I wasn't just making this shit up.   

By the time I was done eating, she had probably taken about 5 bites.  By the time I finished my beer, she had eaten about 1/3 of what was on her plate.  Then, she said she was full.  Then she wanted attention because she was "so full".  Then, I wanted to throw up for her.

Even I think I'm being mean right now but PLEASE!!!  Are you fucking kidding me?  I realize she is as mental as me and on the opposite side of the spectrum. 

Wait -whoa - I wonder if she watched me eat and was amazed at the form and finish?

Hmmm. 
Skinny people don't eat
Skinny people eat very, very slow

No comments:

Post a Comment