Monday, September 12, 2011

hells yeah, i did...

So, we're more than half way to B-day - November 30 -  and several months ago I decided I was going to set my sights on the Warrior Dash.

For the uninitiated - go here!

The warrior dash is a 3.1 mile obstacle course meets 5k through mud, water and fire.  I was pretty sure I could run it, I was not sure my body would deliver on the obstacles.    I talked a few friends into going with me and I am so happy I did.  It was AWESOME.  It was hard, and easy and fun and a little scary and everything I had hoped it would be.

Of course we were not running for time... we were running to finish (and for the free beer at the end).

The entire point of signing up to run the Warrior Dash was to prove to myself that my body can handle a fair amount of stress and survive.  I wanted to prove I could do something I set my mind to.  I wanted to feel alive and in charge of my body.

All these things happened and more.

I rocked the obstacles
I made friends along the way who gave me their free beer chips
... and most importantly, I didn't stop.  I didn't even want to.  I knew that I could do it if I just didn't stop.

New lesson on the eating thing -
just don't quit  (did Nike already use that as a slogan?) 

No comments:

Post a Comment