Friday, September 30, 2011

60 day window

60 days sounds like a ton of time but in essence, it's just 8 short weeks to my birthday.

Looking back on the plan, I think I can see the end... and I'm nervous.  I usually save my energy for most things until they are due.  I finish work at the last minute, I train right before, I used to pull overnighters to study.  Apparently, I saved up some of my energy till the last minute on this one too.

I have been unusually unconcerned while strangely obsessed with my "turning 40 plan".  I think I am a bit of a visual learner so I filled a jar with stones and left it on my dresser as a reminder.  One beautiful blue stone for each Sunday left before November 30.  Every week I take another stone out of the jar as a reminder of how quickly the days and weeks fly by. 

I make choices everyday, and everyday day gets graded on a curve.  Yes to the fries, no to the cake, yes to the bland no calorie Special K chips, no to the pizza.  I have been trying to change my habits.... but I like my habits.  I am forever telling my kids that they need to "step out of their comfort zone" if they are ever going to learn something new about themselves. 

I think I should take my own advice.

I thought September was going to be workout month (everyday).  Turns out, that might need to be October instead...  1800 calories and 3 days of workouts a week is normal.  If I want to see changes I will need to cut back on the cal, and increase the workouts.   So goes the plan..

No comments:

Post a Comment