Thursday, November 10, 2011

I think I'm a creeper - and, thanks

I have only two weeks left to b-day and with the clock ticking I am still pretty confident that I will reach the goals I laid out for myself this year.
I will hit 40 a nicer person
I will weigh less at 40 than I did at 20
I will not be smoking - even if I quit that day damn it...

This blog was my method of keeping myself in check, but it has turned into a silent addiction.  It's not that I post constantly, because I don't.  But I find myself checking in with other people via their blogs.  And frankly, I'm hooked.

I thought I knew it before but I am absolutely convinced now that there is a quiet majority of people out there that all seem to struggle with the same issues.

I thought I was clever until I laughed out loud reading one blog.
I thought I was informed, until I started researching some options and found out I was late to the party.
I thought I was funny, I thought I was alone, I thought I was mean, I thought I was an athlete, I thought I was all sorts of things... and I am.  Just like dozens of other people floating in the ethos - drinking at Starbucks, and going to jobs they can't stand either.

I've used their arguments at cocktail parties and their games at tailgates.  I've used their inspiration and their stories.  In fact, I thought I used them all up - until I found more... and more... and more...

There are alot of us out there.  That makes me feel a little bit better.  I'm sorry I will never meet you.  I think some of you would have been my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment