Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Today is my birthday

Today is my birthday.  I am 40.  I weighed in at 206, I smoked on the way to work and I brought everyone in the office poinsettias to decorate for Christmas. 

I think the fates got together and were giving me a message this morning when I pulled out my scale for my final "weigh in" of the Challenge39.  I have had this scale, and got on this scale everyday for the last 7 or maybe even 8 years.  That is a long muthafuckin time... and it has never, ever, not worked. 

So - thinking that nothing would be different today other than THE PAYOFF, I get the scale out, hit the button... and ... nothing.  Blank. 

WHAT the HELL??  Are you kidding me?  Today (of all days) it simply didn't turn on. 

In my world of hidden meanings and messages this is beyond huge.  This is the god damn cosmos telling me that all of my planning and work means... well... nothing.  Is this the cosmos telling me "give it a rest sister" you're fine? 

I'm going with yes.  Message received.  Deep breaths.  Everything is OK.  I am beautiful and strong and smart. 

Word to Meatloaf and Bonnie Tyler - 2 outta 3 ain't bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment