Friday, June 3, 2011

Lunch at Sam's Club

I'm not quite sure what it is about Sam's Club but I just love having lunch there.  It is a sad commentary on my life that I actually don't mind having to run there during my lunch break to grab a few things.

First of all, the Caesar salad in a box is hard to beat.  The pizza is cheap and they have this iced tea that is one of my faves.  But I think the real reason I love eating at Sam's club (on those portable white picnic tables) is because it is absolutely anonymous. 

I could literally sit there for an hour watching the people come through the lines with the piles and piles of supplies.  And, of course, I simply cannot stop myself from looking... nay, dare I say staring at them and their purchases.  It's a story tellers dream. 

Today there was the guy who bought an entire cart load of Clorox wipes.  I mean they come in a 4-pack and this guy had about 30 of these things stacked up.  This guy gets enough Clorox wipes to clean up a dead body... and, a bag of chips.

How about the very metropolitan looking mom carrying a designer purse who's going through the line buying nothing but boxes and boxes of Fiber one bars.   Laxative issues, yep?  That's my guess.

If you've ever lived or worked in Ohio - you will understand this next one.  Bubba and his wife are rolling through the checkout.  Everybody is tatted up with their NASCAR gear on and the group is buying a trampoline, a package of steaks, a bag of croutons and a case of beer.  Hot damn - that's an Ohio weekend in paradise right there...

Don't call me judgemental man - just call it having a little creative fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment