Friday, August 17, 2012

Pigtails on women are silly

Stop the madness!


If you are over 40, nay 20 - there is no reason I can understand why you would ever need or choose to wear your hair in pigtails or, better yet, braided pigtails.

Truly, help me understand.  I get that you went to a few Grateful Dead shows in college... tried to follow Phish but decided that was a far stretch from the real thing.. and finally, gave up and turned to some "cat fish blue" on the weekends.

I get that you love healthy, sustainable, organic agriculture.  I appreciate that you still own and buy Birkenstocks.  I realize you still have a jingly ankle bracelet in your jewelry box, an old Guatemalan pouch filled with shake from about 15 years ago and your tarot cards upstairs wrapped in a silk scarf. (oh, wait, is that just me??)

But, why - in the name of Jerry and the boys- do you need pigtails?  Oh.. and a pioneer woman scarf?  I little babushka feel, really.

I can rock an old school hippie vibe with my hair pulled back in a simple ponytail.

Just sayin...

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and can I just say AMEN!!!!! I feel the same way about the whole pigtail thing! Pigtails are for 3 years old, not grown women!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea!!! I knew I wasn't the only one out there who thought so...

    ReplyDelete