Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thinking Thursday this week

So.. the weekly update, eh?

It's "game on" with the writing this month. 

To completely understand, go HERE... and read about how I'm about to write myself into fame, fortune and a lifetime of leisurely lunches.  (rockin' the alliteration today - I may bust out a limerick soon).  I don't know about literary abandon but I can tell you I got started today and I'm a mere 500 words into a story that I want to tell that is quickly turning into something completely different.

For the uninitiated... I'm back in the saddle with Nanowrimo again this year.  The short version here is that you are supposed to write a novel (50,000 words) in a month.  Translation = you need to write 1667 words per day.  Ouch.  

They assure me that it does not need to make sense.  They assure me it does not need to be perfect.  And the point of the exercise is to get used to the idea of writing.  

Apparently, after a month of writing.  I will spend the month of December editing and then... I will have a book.  

It. Sounds. Simple.  

It will not be.

I'm excited....

No comments:

Post a Comment