Friday, January 20, 2012

Lunch drinking

Unbeknown (is that a word?) to me - I've been drinking at lunch every Friday for the past couple of months.  Apparently, I always eat Mexican food on Friday too.  So say my co-workers who make sure I get to the damn restaurant every week.

I can't quite put into words why or how much I love the chips and salsa thing. I realize this is probably bad on some level, but I am here to tell you - nothing makes the afternoon mean less to me than a Corona Light and taco de carne asada.   Good God in heaven - the rest of the weekend starts kickin' when I get the tableside guacamole to go with it.  I think I may just need to move to Mexico.  

In fact, what the hell ever happened to casual drinking?  I don't really watch too much TV because I am a bit of a movie freak.  But, with somewhat limited options, I can get downright obsessive about a few television series every now and then.  I was crazy for Twin Peaks back in the day.. I got completely caught up in Lost.. and I still (yes, how many years later) want to be on Survivor.  

So, in that vein, the other day I decide it's finally time to find out what all the hype is about - so I go scouting through Netflix looking for Mad Men.  Holy happy hour batman!  What in THE hell, is that all about?  What happened to the days of cocktails after a big meeting and why don't we do that anymore?  Is it just where I live?  Is it the time in which I live? 

I am here to tell you if I could enjoy a cocktail and a smoke at work, I would probably treat this place like Google - move a bed in here and never leave.

Cheers to beers and tequila at lunch.  (I probably should not answer the phone this afternoon).

No comments:

Post a Comment