Thursday, January 19, 2012

The three C's

Today I ate the greatest sandwich ever.  Hot, fried and spicy - all my faves wrapped up into one delicious lunch option of the gods.

Hello guilt?  Was the choice to scarf down that 800 calorie stack of goodness worth every bite?

Fuck if I know. 

Add to the calorie fest - the choice not to workout today, and it feels like my poor decision making is spiraling me down into a hole. 

The other day it occurred to me that I can only really control one thing at a time.  I can multi-task like a bitch but in the final analysis I can really only do one thing well.  Either kick ass at work or kick ass at home.  It is one or the other.  Every now and then I get to thinking that regardless of the fact that I am slowly dying at work every day - I could at least stay focused on the health thing.  Maybe lose a bunch of weight - turn into a super hottie and get a great new job.   The problem however,  is that when I decide that is what I am going to do - I don't do it.  I blow off my lunch time workout for a trip to DQ and to pick up my husband's glasses.  No workout time tonight = no workout today + chicken sandwich of the gods = guilt that I am not focusing on the get skinny plan.

Not focusing on the get skinny plan + still hating my job = me, not happy.

Something in this cycle needs to change.

I saw one of my friends post on FB today the three C's of life.  Choice, change, chance. 
If you make a choice to change you've got a chance at being more.

I think they forgot to add in the Chicken variable... fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment