Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Content critique

I'm a blog rookie.  I don't really write to an audience - but secretly wish I had one.
I won't be going out into the world anytime soon on a book tour. Until I write one.
And, I put my thoughts here so they don't spill out into my real world (which can be a bit tricky to navigate most days)

The very first time I had the ..."umph" (yes, that's the technical term and a bit more lady like than balls) to comment on another blog I reached out to a woman who made me laugh - runrollrepeat . 
Turns out Cyndi was recently slammed by a group of catwomen at a site called Get off my Internets. 

Of course, I had never heard of them before so I wanted to try to understand who these people were, what they do and more specifically what they did.   Whoa...  "catty" doesn't even begin to 'splain it Lucy.

Life is really just an extended high school.  Regardless of where you are in your life there is a social hierarchy that exists in it's own right.  I swear to God (or the goddess) - John Hughes hit the nail on the head back in the 80's with the Breakfast Club.   In any given situation, you can break it down to the popular/princess, the jock, the criminal, the geek and the basket case.  And - because I like to put a bow on everything like Johnny boy - we all have a bit of each.

Turns out some of the princesses in the microcosm of blogosphere regularly decide who is cool and who is not.  I'm glad they've got that covered, I wouldn't want the pressure. There will always be bitchy/mean people (in fact, I can be one - I speak from experience). 

Should my blog ever get read by anyone other than me, maybe someday - I too, will get flamed.  I suppose in the nanosecond where I am judged by a mysterious psuedo-anonymous screen bitch I will feel hurt and upset.  Then, I will realize that this blog and the microcosm that surrounds it is just part of my life and that they can't hurt me unless I give them power to. 

I am a criminal, a princess, a jock, a geek and a basket case.  So as a preemptive strike against those who would rail - fuck you ahead of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment