Friday, February 4, 2011

Chinese Food for lunch -

In honor of the Chinese New Year - I had to stop by my favorite Chinese restaurant for lunch today.

Yes, it's the year of the rabbit.  I am apparently a pig.  Really... no shit.  I've heard some people refer to my birth year as the year of the boar in an effort to make it sound - oh, I don't know - not so bad.  Are you kidding, I'm a pig?  Hmmmm - let's look at what THAT is supposed to mean.

According to the descriptions:
People born in the Year of the Pig are chivalrous and gallant. Whatever they do, they do with all their strength. For Boar Year people, there is no left or right and there is no retreat. They have tremendous fortitude and great honesty. They don't make many friends but they make them for life, and anyone having a Boar Year friend is fortunate for they are extremely loyal. They don't talk much but have a great thirst for knowledge. They study a great deal and are generally well informed. Boar people are quick tempered, yet they hate arguments and quarreling. They are kind to their loved ones. No matter how bad problems seem to be, Boar people try to work them out, honestly if sometimes impulsively. They are most compatible with Rabbits and Sheep.

I guess that all sounds pretty good but what I can tell you for sure is that I can make a serious pig out of myself when the spicy Happy Family comes to the table.  I ate every last bit of my lunch including the crab rangoon, the salad and the damn egg roll.  When I added the whole kit and caboodle up I was looking at about 1000 calorie lunch! 

I keep telling myself that once the weather breaks here in the midwest I will be able to better focus on putting some outdoor exercise back into the plan - but, I gotta wonder what is really holding me back.  There is no stopping me.  Eat one chocolate cookie - I'm going to eat 4.  Have one crab rangoon - bring on 3 (minimum).   Can I blame my inability to focus on my pig sign.... nope. Sorry. No can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment