Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A wasted month -

Well, I could absolutely scream.

I chose not to even post anything yesterday because I needed a day to work out in my head where I am failing myself.

Monday stats:
Weight - (back up to - 221)
waist - 41
hips - 51

OK.  Now, before I over-react let's work this one through. 

Apparently, it makes absolute and complete sense that I didn't lose a damn pound after an entire month yo-yo dieting (should we call it cycling? - I suppose that is another post)

Anyway - back to the math here.  According to my charts on www.FatSecret.com I should be down 5.5 lbs.  This of course is predicated by the fact that the computer assumes a certain amount of calories as expenditures or exercise.  And, a certain amount of calories that you enter into the system.  Clearly - this system is wrong. 

Follow the logic here -
a. I account for every morsel that crosses my lips.  Calorie intake is true
b. I let the computer account for the METs I am supposedly using on the exercise quotient.  Exercise must then be false.
c. I should check to see what kind of calories I'm really burning...

So, I did. 
Between cheating on the food side (my average calories per day for January were 2009)
And the computer saying my base exercise is 2380.
I'm stagnant. 

Time to step it up a notch.  I'm going to use a new formula.  I'm going to stick to calories. 

More on this to follow....

No comments:

Post a Comment