Saturday, February 19, 2011

is it working or is it water?

Sometimes I think I am totally in touch with my body and I believe that I actually understand how it works. 

Other times, I realize I am being fooled by the food sorcerer known as Salt.  At least I think that's his name.

It's Saturday - and after one week of really trying.. I mean no cheating, no rationalizing, no nothing.. I stuck to the damn plan and this morning I'm down 7 pounds.  WHAT???  This simply defies logic.  Now I will grant you according to the math I should definitely be down.  I've been averaging about 1400 calories a day with some obscenely low days thrown in there because I got busy and wanted to see what would happen. 

My BMR says I should be churning through about 2845 based on my height and weight so I get that I should be down.... but 7.  Shit - you know what that means... a rebound is headed my way.  I would love to enjoy the moment, but I know it's bullshit.  Sorcerer Salt and his witch Flo just did the deed and these big numbers are water. 

I'm thrilled and curious about this big loss but in the back of my mind I can't make it right.  It's not logical, and therefore..  probably not right.

No comments:

Post a Comment