Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Backhanded assholes

Last week I needed to travel to a national trade show for the industry I work in.   While there, I did the usual chit chat and hand shaking associated with sales.  We all smile and cross our fingers that somewhere down the line - someone will get in touch with you and you'll make a buck.

So, after a day of glad handing and a day of meetings I wrapped it up and headed back to Ohio.  Like the good girl I am, I followed up this week with a few of the folks that I really hoped would be solid leads for me.

This morning I received the following email -

"Thanks for the followup Stacey. I've sent your contact and capability info to my people and I hope we do business soon. You have a refreshing style and I enjoyed our brief discussion. Good luck this season."

Are you fucking kidding me?  I don't even know how to react to this.  And, as usual - I overreact. 

Am I reading this wrong or did this tight lipped, tie wearing, self important prick just tell me to go fuck myself?  "refreshing style" - what the hell does that mean?  (although I suppose I could guess)**

         **REFRESHING STYLE (def) :  Chooses not to lie, chooses to be forthcoming and honest, chooses not to put on airs or pretend to be something other than they are.  Usually does not fit in with liars, "business professionals" or assholes.**

Of course, this may not be the case.  Instead, I may really be a crazy person that truly doesn't know just how off base I am.  I can tell you this - I am not rude and I am not mean. I don't lie and I laugh and smile alot.  Isn't that enough in this world anymore?

I know I should not give a rats ass about this or about what other people think of me but honestly, it is very rare that someone will actually tell you either.   I'm not totally convinced I understand what this fuck was trying to say....  


"refreshing style" 
Okay - I'll take that.
I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment